National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
2018 Spring Clean Up
2018 SPRING CLEAN UP WEEK
~~Somerset Township Residents Only~~
May 7- May 11 2018
Somerset Township is sponsoring “Spring Clean-Up Week 2018\" during the week of May 7 -May 11, 2018. This is an opportunity for all residents of the Township to dispose of refuse and other items (junk) in a proper manner for a fee of $ 10.00. Additional fees: Car Tires $2/tire; Truck tires $7/tire & Tractor and Commercial Truck Tires $25/tire.
1. Upon payment of a $10.00 fee, a special Identification Tag will be issued. Payment will be accepted at the Somerset Township Municipal Bldg., 2209 North Center Avenue, Somerset, from April 30th, through May 4th, 2018 during the hours of 8:00 to 4:00.
2. Have all your refuse piled at the curb or roadside by MONDAY, May 7th , by 6am with your identification tag attached in PLAIN VIEW. There will be no return trips! All magazines and newspapers must be securely bagged or bundled. Township crews will pick up the refuse during that week. If you live along a private road or lane, it will be YOUR responsibility to have your refuse stacked at the nearest PUBLIC road or street--NO EXCEPTIONS!!
3. TOWNSHIP CREWS WILL NOT PICK UP THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
*Propane Cylinders *batteries *Motor Oil *Tree Limbs *Brush *Paint cans with lids on *Leaves *Ashes *Household Garbage * Electronic Waste
Electronic Waste will not be picked up during the Clean-Up! However, you may drop your Electronic Waste off at the Somerset Twp. Building on Saturday, May 5th between the hours of 8am and Noon!! Twp. Employees will be on hand to help you unload E-Waste.
Appliances containing Freon must be tagged certifying that the Freon has been removed!!
ABSOLUTELY NO REFUSE WILL BE PICKED UP WITHOUT A PREPAID IDENTIFICATION TAG!!!!
Proceeds from the sale of scrap items will go to the Somerset Township Fire Departments
DO NOT STEAL SCRAP METAL-YOU ARE STEALING FROM YOUR FIRE DEPARTMENTS!!!
Free Landfill Permit
07/10/2017 - 07/10/2019
Somerset Township in co-operation with Advanced Disposal Service-Mostoller Landfill, 7095 Glades Pike, Somerset, PA 15501, have announced the opportunity for their residents to dispose of bulky waste items at the landfill free of charge year round. This convenience will allow residents to dispose of unwanted items in an environmentally appropriate manner.
Residents MUST HAUL the bulky waste items to the landfill Monday-Friday between the hours of 7am-2:30pm. Residents must stop at scale house when entering the landfill. Residents MUST UNLOAD all items into the third party drop off container. Advanced Disposal Service employees are NOT PERMITTED to unload items.
State Registration (owner’s card) is required on all vehicles and trailers and must be presented to the scale operator.
* Vehicles exceeding a registered gross vehicle weight of 17,000 GVW must have a DEP ACT 90 permit.
* Trailers exceeding a registered gross vehicle weight of 10,000 GVW must have a DEP ACT 90 permit.
The following items will NOT be accepted:
Green waste such as trees, brush leaves etc.
Compress gas cylinders
Anything containing Freon